Wednesday, April 26, 2006

EZMezzo Said...

You Can't Take the Sky From Me...

How is it Fox can take a show that has great promise, and great writing, and bury it just because it doesn't fit "The worlds blankiest blank" mold? For once, I am not talking about Futurama...(although that is a good example)...but instead I'm talking about Firefly, the Joss Whedon Sci-Fi creation, and in my opinion the best Sci Fi "verse" since Star Wars.

The show only lasted one season, and was followed up by the movie called Serenity. Last night I finished watching the last episode of the series, and it left me wanting more. Now I am sad...cause this was a show that was gone too soon, and there are no more episodes for me to watch. At least I can be comforted by the fact that Serenity will make it's appearance in HD-DVD Format in the very near future.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When it aired (on Friday nights, probably when you weren't watching it then), they also put it on and kept not airing it, because they had rights to MLB Championships and the World Series that year. They aired it out of order (look at the boxed set for details) and it failed to gain an audience. Go figure. I was a fan of this show and watched it when it aired on TV, and you know what, I missed some episodes due to a sporadic schedule and just a bad night for it being on. FOX has a lot to answer for. Hell, just watch the first episode of the 4th season of Family Guy for proof. Be glad we got the movie and some sense of closure for the series. And, even though the numbers weren't great, always hope for a sequel. Most people didn't expect the movie to go through in the first place.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Something dirty said...

Fox always screws over good shows. Angel, Arrested Development, Futurama... um some other shows, some of which were crappy but no crappier than the shows they decide are worthy of a stable time slot and decent promotion.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home