Monday, July 04, 2005

Unknown Said...

Hey... thanks for the in depth description of the Halo novelization you just read. Now shut up.

Xbox Live headsets are a joke. They could be an asset. They could be an incredible tool. Properly used, in games like Star Wars Battlefront, they could make teams undefeatable. If you, and a few other players, could talk strategy, call for help, time assaults, and just generally use it for its inteded purpose it would be great. Unfortunately there is no way to use the headsets for these purposes. In order to do so you would have to shout instructions back and forth with no real assurance that the person you are talking to will hear you. In fact, since they would have to pick your hastily shouted instructions out of a constant barrage of wookie noises, unnattended children saying dirty words and racial epiphets, and idiots asking the most asinine questions ("Can everyone hear me?", "Hey Whackly, how come you never talk?", "Does everyone have their microphone on?" and other unanswerable or one answer only questions like that) you can pretty much assume that they don't hear you at all. When I host a game I boot teamkillers and I boot people who spawn camp in vehicles. With those two categories I might boot 1 or 2 people per week. I have, now, taken to booting people who are being obnoxious on the headset/voicechat as well. In that category I boot 2 or 3 per day. It's gotten to the point of annoyance that I just turn the server off. I can only take about 60 minutes. I just shut it down a few minutes ago because some jerkwater trim-dimple decided to mention, endorse, and then completely editorialize the Halo novelizations. Thank god for this blog. I know exactly where my razorblades are and I thought about it.

4 Comments:

Blogger metallicorphan said...

hey whackly how come you dont talk on xbox live?....only kidding


so i take it you heard that guy,blabbering on about halo as well then

as you may or may not know i dont like halo(why i still own it i dont know),but surely if people wanted to talk(or listen for that matter) about halo on live they would actually be playing halo

i dont mind talking or listening to most things over the headset,but this guy took the piss,just going on and on and on....you have to wonder if he liked halo that much then why wasn't he on it?

3:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

'Cause he's a complete tosser.

8:52 AM  
Blogger metallicorphan said...

ha ha,well said

3:38 AM  
Blogger EZMezzo said...

Halo is LAME. Battlefront forever.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home