Thursday, June 30, 2005

EZMezzo Said...

The Pink, The Proud, The Petunias....

Here's a trivia question for you...what is the town of Dixon, known for BESIDES being the hometown of President Ronald Reagan?

Well, if the answer isn't Staring you in the face, it's the annual event we Dixon Alumns call the Petunia Festival. It's the one time of year that there is actually something to do in that little town (Population 15,000).

The one criticism of this event is that the slogan needs a little work. I know Petunia Fest isn't big budget, but seriously, it seems like they got 1000 monkeys typing on a 1000 typewriters making the Great American Novel. Gotta love my little po-dunk town...

Needless to say, my weekend plans consist of heading back home, take in a little of the sights and sounds of Dixon, and validate all the reasons why I left that place to begin with. Hopefully I will have good social recall, and enjoy a relaxing holiday weekend. Happy Fourth to everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Watch your cornhole, bud.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lurve the motto. Pink is kewl.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home