Friday, July 01, 2005

EZMezzo Said...

Fun in the Sun

After only a few short years, I finally got my butt in gear and took a trip downtown to see Millenium Park. I was still working downtown when they started constructing it and was suppose to be completed by the year 2000, but thanks to mis-management, delays and such the park was years late and way over budget.

One of the main attractions is The Crown Fountain which consists of two towers facing each other that project moving images of different people's faces on them. In between the towers is a wading pool where visitors can take their shoes off and get wet. Every five minutes or so, the faces spit a jetstream of water out of their mouths which gets the waders absolutely soaked. It was amusing to watch the little kids in the fountain, and their poor parents trying to avoid getting too wet while they rounded up their little kiddies when it was time to go home.

On another note...why is it that we are programmed to watch what almighty TV brings into our house? I figure it must be a pavlovian response or something. ..like last night...I was surfing channels, and decided to see which Futurama was playing on Adult Swim. I was totally bummed when I learned that it was not scheduled on Thursday because they want to show that lame show American Dad instead...then I had a moment of inspirational genius...well, I guess if I were a monkey, not one of those "smart" helper monkeys, but a regular one..."Why don't I just pop in a DVD of it?" Doh. Why is it that sometimes you can feel so intelligent, while other times you can feel so very Homer Simpson-ish (the Homer from Season 9 on that is). Well, they say that TV has shortened the attention span of millions of pe....what was I talking about? Well, I guess it doesnt' matter...ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY SILVER BOX THAT BRINGS A WARM GLOW INTO LIVING ROOMS EVERYWHERE... (with so many TV's in the world simulcasting hypnotic images 24-7 who needs the Hypnotoad?)

2 Comments:

Blogger metallicorphan said...

wow,i wish we had something like that fountain in the parks around my town.....but they would probably end up getting vandelised,shame

on another note....i am always watching out for futurama on skytv,only to find out that it is the episode i have seen a thousand times(usually when the 3 of them,bender fry and leela become super heroes)...and i have them all on dvd,but never think of putting my favourite episode on(amazon women in the mood).....zap brannigan rules

11:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just me and you.... and maybe you.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home