Thursday, June 30, 2005

Unknown Said...

The Good, The Lag, and The Ugly


Last night's test was successful. It would seem that the issue with lag has been either solved or reduced. I hosted 20 players at the peak with no complaints. I could have never done that before. Of course, that may mean that my high upload speeds are going away. I had a dream last night that my dad and I were running around some Chicago/Milwaukee composite trying to find a store that sold Balsamic vinegar. I don't usually dream at all so it was an unexpected experience. I am sick now. It started with sniffles on Monday. Yesterday it progressed to nasal congestions which by the end of the day had left my nose and become chest congestion. I also have some pain in my left ear. There is nothing like a pending ear infection to ensure that I am going to end up in the doctor's office. For the first time in years, though, I am sick without a sore throat and it is progressing quickly. At the rate this cold is moving around I might be completely healed by noon. When I first woke up this morning I hadn't coughed in 8 hours so as I brushed my teeth I ended up coughing up a lung cookie that looked like a slug that had been doused with sodium chloride. I thought I might keep him as a pet. I decided, though, that if he truly loved me he would come back after I let him go. I wadded him up in a kleenex and flushed him.

5 Comments:

Blogger EZMezzo said...

You and your dad shopping for balsamic vinegar...LOL that's an image that I wouldn't ever expect to see! You should go get your head shrunk about that one...I bet it would yield some surprising insight into your brain!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you weren't supposed to get sick any more after the eggbeater surgery! What's that all about anyhoo?

4:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not supposed to get sick as much. How could I never get sick again? I didn't get cyborg dialisys implants. Anywho. I didn't really get that sick. I just had a stuffy nose and when I took the nasal spray it dripped down and gave me a cough. I feel fine now. The edge of the cough coming off. That's pretty fast, I think. Well to sick to well in 4 days with no work missed (off for Saturday).

9:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

P.S.

Stop being so anonymous, you chicken.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum... lung cookies.

-A different anon

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home