Saturday, June 21, 2008

Unknown Said...

Help Me

I've been listening to my backlog of TWiT netcasts from the last few months. I had stopped listening to podcasts for a while as I finished listening to the Red Dwarf audiobooks and a few other audiobooks I couldn't wait to hear. Now I've got this huge backlog of podcasts to listen to and I've been consuming them one after the other in reverse chronoligical order (which is a fun brain exercise).

In a May episode of TWiT they touched, once again (groan), on twitter only this time they were discussing a tweeter named "comcastcares" who is an employee of Comcast who started using social media to attempt to assist Comcast customers with their questions and problems.

"Is ********* doing this?" I thought. Well... we are... sort of. The twitter account exists but it is completely dead and entirely unutilized. I'm thinking I'd like to take a stab at this. I think it could be a great way to alleviate some customer frustrations and also has the additional benefit of being a tool for PR. I created my own Twitter ********* themed account, now monitored through digsby and the twitter Opera widget, and, though I don't know exactly how this is going to work, I plan to monitor this for questions and opportunities to make things right for a few people. It seems to me that this could be fun, helpful, and very satisfying. Maybe it'd be like fighting back against "the man" in a way that benefits me, the customer, and "the man" himself.

Thoughts?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting. i think it's a great idea, unless customers start bugging you enough to make it another fulltime job. unless you're into that sorta thing.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home