Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Unknown Said...

Creating the vernacular of the future.

Once in a while my tongue, along with assistance from my brain, turns a phrase worth keeping. It has happened a fair few times in my life. Some of those additions to my lexicon have gone on to wider use, always leaving me to wonder if I really started that or if I heard it somewhere, forgot about it, and the regurgitated it later as if it were my own idea.

NO MORE!

With this new recurring feature I will be posting words or phrases that I create as soon as I've been through the initial vetting process and decided they are part of my permanent vocabulary.

Creating the vernacular of the future: Episode I

-The word "campers" used in place of the word "intense" used in place of words like "awesome."
Example: Dude! Did you see that fall? That was freakin' campers, man! (No. I don't talk like that.)

3 Comments:

Blogger shorty said...

Good Idea - You do come up with some doozies

7:01 AM  
Blogger Something dirty said...

What is the etymology here? Philologists worldwide want to know!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

camping... it's in-tents

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home