Sunday, April 27, 2008

Unknown Said...

Am I sad?

I reserved a copy of Mario Kart Wii way back when no details about the game had even been announced aside from the fact that it was in developement. Since then so many good games have come out and I've had to pass many of them by. Do I need another game? No, but it was already paid for and I couldn't bear the idea of it going to someone who didn't reserve it 9 months ago. Then I get a call from Game Crazy stating there was a midnight launch. It had been completely off my radar until I saw a dig story early on Friday morning. That prompted me to check the release date (amazon listed next Tuesday). Game Crazy's message said the midnight launch was Saturday night/Sunday morning. I learned, during my escapades trying to get a copy of The Orange Box, that nearly everyone is really bad at getting launch dates for games correct so it's not that surprising. I just typed that I'm not the sort of person who goes to midnight launches or waits in lines for games but I had to erase it because it occured to me that I am. I wasn't planning to go to this midnight launch, however. It did occur to me, somewhere around 11:15, that Mrs. Whackly was taking the car tomorrow and I'd be home with the boy and no way to drive around. If I wanted to get the game I was going to have to go tonight. There was nobody there. The staff outnumbered the patrons. I chatted with them for a few minutes and there was a steady stream of people in and out but no line or rush or huddled masses yearning to play Mario Kart. I was worried that I'd missed a memo. Perhaps the game completely blows and nobody told me... or so I was thinking. Silly me; the game is cool. I haven't played enough to say it's badass or awesome or is the question answered only by the number 42. I did play online though, and that was cool. Finally, an online game for the Wii I can get behind (I could have gotten behind BWii online but I don't know anyone else who has it so I can't testify). This brings me to my point. 3866-8399-7170. Throw me your digits in an email or put them in the comments, please. kthxbai

6 Comments:

Blogger Scottie2Hottie said...

I was going to go to the launch on Saturday night as well, but learned that I lost my wallet. Luckily I was able to find it Sunday after church as some bum found it at a department store and decided to take it home with him. Why did he not leave it at the customer service desk you ask? He wanted a reward. This damn pot smoking fool took me for a rid. But, $30 later and nothing missing but a $5 dollar bill inside. I guess I can't complain for my forgetfulness. So no that I have my wallet, I too stopped at Gamestop on Sunday morning. It was packed as no one wanted to go out on a 25 degree wet night. So, the purpose of this comment is to provide you my Friend Code. So here it is. 0130-2209-1651. I will add yours as well.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you're goin' down, hippie!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

is it the same game code as the ones for SSBB or Mario Strikers or any of the other online games? or does each game have a diff code on each system?

11:11 AM  
Blogger Scottie2Hottie said...

It's a different code on different systems. I did invite you, so you need to accept so we can race. Do you not see my invite? I do not see yours unless you did not send me one through the Wii? Hit me up!

5:14 PM  
Blogger shorty said...

Sound cool, now I want a Wii. Not just for the woman's workout but for stuff like Mario Kart. By the time I get one something else will be out. I will try though.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

just get yourself an aluminum bat, go outside and follow the sounds of happy children and contented adults. when you've followed the sounds tho their source konk the adults on the head and threaten the kids that you'll eat them all alive unless they give you their wii. then run away. problem solved

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home