Wednesday, December 14, 2005

EZMezzo Said...

Ghost of Christmas Past

It's amazing how some memories stick out in your mind so vividly, sometimes for no reason whatsoever. This is one such memory for me, that was jogged free from my long term memory at the discussion of a Holiday Party, and the various treats like candy canes, egg nog, and gingerbread cookies...

The year was...too long ago to be important...I was in 3rd grade, and it was time for the 3rd grade Christmas Play. Not being a master thespian, I did not draw an important part like the part of Santa, instead I was relegated to the supporting part of Gingerbread Man # 2 in the Gingerbread Chorus. My Mom made me a homemade gingerbread man costume (no it didn't look like Ralph Wiggam's FLOREEDA costume), and I was set for the big play. The song we had to sing went something like this...

We are the Gingerbread Men,
We're small and brown and crunchy,
Gingerbread Cookies are we,
You'll find us delightfully munchy,
Gingerbread buttons and eyes have we,
A cute little gingerbread nose...

I kinda feel like Jim Carrey in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind now. Sometimes it still amazes me that I can still remember minutea about things that happened so long ago. But now back to the present...which reminds me, I still need to start my Holiday Shopping. So many things to do, so little time...

5 Comments:

Blogger Something dirty said...

I know what you mean. In 5th grade we did sign language along with this lame ass song "Love in Any Language". I still know the signs. Sick.

12:29 PM  
Blogger EZMezzo said...

It's weird what you remember about your childhood. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for most of it...

1:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

is it also weird if you are like me and don't really remember much of anything until about 10 years ago?

7:29 AM  
Blogger EZMezzo said...

you remember stuff from your childhood. Tinker Toy Cans...Headless Storm Troopers...Mayflies in MO. I know you remember...

12:24 PM  
Blogger Something dirty said...

two young boys, in the hot, hot summer...

Sorry.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home