Friday, September 02, 2005

EZMezzo Said...

1.21 Gigawatts at 88 MPH....Not Quite...But...

Why is it that in my perception time seemingly starts going faster and faster as the years go by? As I sit here staring at another Labor Day Weekend in the windshield of life it makes me wonder, where has the summer gone? I know logically, part of my time perception impairment comes from the fact that I no longer have the luxury of the lazy summer vacations that I use to have as a kid...before the burden of summer jobs and with seemingly no cares in the world. Three months of sitting around day after day doing whatever caught my fancy.

I remember waiting in anticipation of going to see Whackly and his family when my family took summer trips. I'm sure he remembers the week I spent with him at his Grandma's House playing Nintendo all day in the little town of about 100 people where she lived...or Swating mayflies at the cabin in the Lake of the Ozarks. So many good times...I wish I would have had the foresite back then to realize that those times would never happen again and to savor them.

But now, years later, we've all grown up. Now we all have jobs, and have grown up bills and responsibilities. Watching a program last night on the dragonfly I saw how the dragonfly morphs from a sea creature into the flying insect that we are so familiar with. The narrator exclaims "wow, how can one creature be so much different in the one lifetime?" After my ponderous post here on Mental Fiber I have to think, "Are we really that much different?"

3 Comments:

Blogger EZMezzo said...

yea, the ventilation system communication system. LOL I forgot about that. How about burying your Han Solo Figure in the Sandbox, or sending your poor cat down the laundy chute...or worse if you know what I mean! :P

1:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i still don't like tinker toys

3:17 PM  
Blogger EZMezzo said...

Yea, "stinker toys" are really a bit of a taboo for me .

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home