Thursday, August 25, 2005

Unknown Said...

Peeps: The Perfect Medium!

So there is a movie out called The Aristocrats. It looks to be an excellent film. It is a documentary where comedians from all over showbiz tell a version of the same dirty joke. That's it. That's the whole thing. It's renowned to be obsene to a degree the every day person is unaccustomed to. It's right up my alley. However, because I live in a town oppressed by dogmatic and flawed interpretations of the teachings of Cathol (Izzard Recycle Alert) I have to drive damned near an hour to get to a theatre that is showing the film. For now I have settled for the movie's website. As I was cruising the website yesterday morning I noticed they are having a contest where fans can submit a video, animated or otherwise, where they also tell a version of the joke. The best ones will be in the Special Features for the DVD release. Again, right up my alley. Now I plan to see the movie before I write my version of the joke. I have heard that certain comedians whom I like (Eddie Izzard in particular) tell versions of the joke in the movie that are really terrible. I would like to incorporate jabs at those comedians in my version. I was concerned, however, that I really didn't want to make a live action film and had no experience in creating animation of any kind. I had thought (inspired by doordolt) that I would use action figures and such like the show Robot Chicken. But today I was given a better Idea. Mezzo sent me this link. I enjoyed these Futurama pictures, cobbled together from screen captures of long camera pans on the show. Once I had seen the all, though, I decided to see what else www.punkasspunk.com had to offer. That's when I came upon this. PEEPS! Brilliant! I can tell the dirtiest joke on earth with loads of debauchery and incivility and reenact every tight and penetrating moment of it using Marshmallow Peeps! Eureka! This is gonna rock so hard. I'm gonna have to tape it to my leg for work I'm so excited.

6 Comments:

Blogger EZMezzo said...

I think Peeps would be a good medium for this. Star Wars Figures would be my personal favorite, but the copyright implications of getting them on a DVD would be improbable. So, second best idea is peeps.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Something dirty said...

There are different varieties of peeps too, but where will you get them at this time of year? You are doing like a stop motion thing, right?

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out the low prices on cigarette boxes.

6:16 PM  
Blogger metallicorphan said...

i love the aristocrats...its got that groovy song in it

'everybody wants to be a cat'

hey,remember those two geese as well...i used to always crack up laughing when i saw them walk...and then the cats copied them


so...you guys know eddie izzard as wel.......oh,forget it!!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

aristocrats not aristocats... i'm hoping your post was a joke but i'm ot sure
and yes we know eddie izzard...
your average american might not but myself and my friends are not average americans
we are more like canadians with U.S. street cred

9:54 AM  
Blogger metallicorphan said...

of course it was a joke...i meant the jungle book

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home