Thursday, August 11, 2005

Unknown Said...

A well worn flashback is worth 2 brand new experiences.

I was fortunate enough to recieve, from a coworker, a Super Nintendo and Super Famicom emulator that works. I have been using Nesticle at home but it is buggy and doesn't run certain roms. This new emulator(snes9x?) has had a few glitches, mostly rom related I think and localized to Yoshi's Island. What's more exciting than the fact that I have a new emulator is that he also gave me some new roms. I have hundreds at home but never play them. For one, past emulators would not save your settings so each time they were started you had to reconfigure your joypad or keyboard. This was made exponentially more frustrating by reason 2; the difficult nature of pausing. You can pause the game like you would if you were actually playing but often as soon as you leave the window for another program the rom would unload or it would reset upon your return. This new rom will actually pause the whole program if you click away. It freezes the screen and the game right then and there and resumes flawlessly upon return. It also still has your joypad setting remembered each time you open the program. Christ Chrispies, That's awesome! WTF! Why am I going on about the emulator again? Christ, I can't organize my thoughts lately. I need to start smoking weed again. The ROMS! That's where it's at. For years I had searched spyware and trojan infested websites in the seedy german and taiwanese underbelly of the internet searching for a complete and working rom of one of my first video game loves; Kirby's Dream Course. Part of my problem was that I had remembered the name wrong. I remembered it as Kirby's Dream Golf. No matter. I still found many roms. They were all carbon, cloned, and identical copies of some messed up rom rippers worst wet nightmare. Every single one would bug out as soon as you tried to enter the course selection menu. It was as if there was one rom of the game made in the very beginning and every other rom of the game was some bastard copy of an already corrupt file. I'll be damned, though, if the rom I got yesterday isn't working. It's perfect. I only tried it on a larf. After years of searching I had already figured it to be just another unplayable copy. I was SO wrong. For those of you who have never had the pleasure, Kirby's Dream Course is a chip and put golf game starring Kirby as the ball. He has special moves and such but the real core gameplay is perfect. The controls are easy and intuitive. The game has many courses with lots of different puzzles to solve. It is rumored that a hole in one is possible on each hole of the proper shot is executed in just the right way. I wouldn't know. I'm rusty and suck like Mary Kate trying to get a quarter paper off her dad. I am getting better, though. So is she, I hear. To the games credit, also, was the fact that it was a rudamentary attempt at 3 dimensional gameplay. That's something I don't recall ever seeing on the Genesis until the 32x attachment and the Sega CD attachments came out. I have a Genesis emu and all of the games I loved for that system but there was never one "Killer App" for Genesis that really drew me in. My next emulator/rom procurement will be an N64 emulator and Space Station Silicon Valley (Best FUCKING Game EVER!!!) and Donkey Kong 64 for roms. Oooh, but in a partial retraction of my Genesis/killer app statement if anyone knows where i can get a Sega CD emulator and a rom of Willy Beamish I would be forever in your debt. For now, though, I am lost in a sea of little checkerboard levels with pink balls bouncing around them. Now if only my parents would remarry and I could go back in time and tell myself that Art School is a bad idea my life would be complete. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... as if... if I could go back in time I would save hot chicks from peril and bet on the superbowl. Fuck school.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Now that I think about it... I am a married man. If I go back in time and save hot chicks, thus earning a pass into their undergarments, that would be cheating. Or would it? You see I wasn't marred then. So If I go back in time, even though it would be me with my future mind, i would be in the past in the past circumstances. So is cheating a function of who you are in your head or a matter of circumstance? I guess it depends on what your definition of the work "is" is. LOL... Baby, I love you. I wouldn't pork hot chicks if I could go back in time. But I would score cheap coke off them.

5:40 PM  
Blogger EZMezzo said...

LOL, better get your flux capacitors fluxing.

6:05 PM  
Blogger metallicorphan said...

jesus,i just got in from work and whackly is asking me marty mccfly questions


my answer:i would say 'no'

because you would both be in a time where maybe she is dating ...so you would both be with someone else...1 cancels out the other....,and how would she find out?..would you still have lipstick on your collar when you came 'back to the future'(sorry ,had to say it,LOL)

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home