Thursday, August 11, 2005

EZMezzo Said...

Another 80's Eargasm

That's the tagline that I just heard on the 80's station on XM satellite Radio. I just thought it was pretty funny. I wouldn't even want to mentally picture what that would actually be in real life...eeewwwwwwww..

Anyway, I have come to realize today that it is a sad state of affairs when the music you grew up with now has it's own channel on XM. All the music I remember in High School and College is now part of the "90's" channel in the decade series of channels on XM. I think the worse part of it all is that I remember back in the day hearing 70's music and thinking how ancient it was...but today I'm sure the youth of today think the same thing about MY music. How very sad is that? Time keeps on slipping...The next step for me is my cane and rocking chair, how sad.

By the way, satellite radio is a great deal for people in rural areas, but not so great if you are a city dweller. Out in po-dunk BFE where there's only 2 broadcast radio stations that play songs like "I don't love pork, I'm IN love with my pig", satellite radio actually gives people a choice of music and talk radio. But in the city, big buildings and bridges obstruct the signal. It's funny how the satellite radio services fail to mention this fact. I'm sure they would spin it as a "feature" or some crap like that.

By the way, this is officially the 100th post on Mental Fiber. A nice first milestone...hopefully you have found some amusement in the first few, and will continue to keep coming back for the next thousand!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

pig love... excellent... a tour de pork

4:21 PM  
Blogger metallicorphan said...

oh god theres gonna be another thousand!!??

only kidding guys,keep up the good work

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home