Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Unknown Said...

Tomorrow is the first day of the end of your year.

Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the end.
Between now and New Year's Eve your year will summarize itself in an all new, never before seen microcosmic clusterfuck of familiar shittiness; like ABCs primetime linup. Is everyone ready? I know I am.

Between now and 2009 I have every reason to believe I'll find myslef:

Unintentionally drunk.
Completely broke.
Totally swimming in money.
Completely broke again.
Annoyed with a family member.
Angry with a family member.
Drawing plans for a voodoo doll of a family member.
Feeling the hopeful beginnings of the stir of Christmas Spirit.
Disappointed at how Christmas just isn't as fun when you aren't a kid.
Attempting to live vicariously through my child.
Railing against the taint of consumerism.
Singing Christmas carols.
Wondering why in the crap I'm singing Christmas carols.
Feeling sorry for poor people.
Realizing I'm a poor person.
In the mood to give.
In the mood to take.
Punching a bell ringer.
Roughing up that gruff little fellow that thinks he has the right to look in my bag after I checkout at Wal-Mart.
Laughing at how idiots can't drive in snow.
Nearly crashing in the snow and realizing I'm an idiot.
Lying awake staring at the Christmas tree.
Pissed I was awake all night staring at the tree when I don't even drop tabs anymore.
Convincing myself that Holiday sales are a good time to buy stuff I can't afford at a discount.
Converting my buyer's remorse into anger.
Listening to at least one person I know make excuses for their DUI.

How's your Holiday Season shaping up?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home