Monday, August 18, 2008

Unknown Said...

Muxtape Nuxxed

One week after I discovered the site...  One week after stumbling across the perfect venue through which to share my passion...  One week after getting as close to achieving true enlightenment as I will ever get...  It's gone.  Right now www.muxtape.com has this simple phrase posted on the homepage:

"Muxtape will be unavailable for a brief period while we sort out a problem with the RIAA."

The giant fork is out and given what muxtape was I'm pretty sure it's done.

There are other sites like 8tracks and mixwit that allow you to do much the same thing but in those cases you don't upload your own songs.  You find the songs in their lists.  I might give Mixwit a try since a brief search did actually turn up some fairly obscure artists but I just know I'll lose interest as soon as I can find a song in my own music folder that they don't have in their library. 

So sad.  Please, even though it's almost certain that the end has come and my brief and wildly passionate relationship with muxtape.com is over, pray for muxtape.  Maybe, just maybe, this is the instance where the RIAA will realize that killing muxtape will actually stop people from discovering new music and actually cost them money rather than reduce piracy.  You can't download the music off muxtape anyway (at least not without the sort of knowhow that automatically means you could get the music easier and at a better sound quality via bittorrent, irc, or usenet).  Pray for muxtape.  I'll be at Amazon.com cancelling every CD order from an artist I found on muxtape.com over the last week (Goodbye Ratatat, Lullatone, Burial, and Loscil.  You are good bands and I was excited to own your discs but you understand, don't you?  It's the principle of the thing....).  Suck on that one, RIAA.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home