Sunday, November 04, 2007

Unknown Said...

Ach! Das wagen phone ist ein...nuisance phone!

I missed an outage last night, despite being on-call. My phone was on. It was sitting in the same place it always sits at night. For some reason, though, neither Marcia or I heard it or it didn't ring at all. I didn't know about the outage until I checked my email this morning. That spurred me to check my phone at which time I discovered I had recieved 4 voicemails. My boss responded to the outage in the middle of the night. It was cold and windy last night so I feel like a total dick. I called my boss and he doesn't seem angry but somehow, on some level, he must be. The end result, though, is that I've had to give my employer all my contact information like my home phone number, personal cell phone number, and any other means they might use to contact me if my work cell doesn't ring like it should. I've also had to set my phone to ring when a voicemail comes in. Hopefully, if the initial call doesn't ring the voicemail notification ring will still work. That makes me unhappy. I don't want to be that accessible. Oh well. So, yeah, a mark on my permanent record probably caused by AT&T's tremendously crappy wireless service in Southwestern OH. Brilliant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home