Saturday, October 20, 2007

Unknown Said...

Swearing in the office increases moral.

"Swearing in the office increases moral." was the gist of a headline I was Y!IM linked by Mean Jean yesterday. It was an article written about some researchers who were claiming exactly this: that swearing in the office allowed employees to more accurately express annoyance and more completely diffuse frustration. There was more to it than that. It even included some proof/evidence in the form of research result interpretations. I saw this on Digg.com today and not only related to it directly but also related it to the article about workplace swearing I had already enjoyed. I did swear (to myself anyway) that I wouldn't post anymore videos for a while but fuck it. I'm doing it anyhow.

4 Comments:

Blogger shorty said...

I believe it. I like to swear. I like to hear other people swear in the office, especially the bosses. When someone swears, it shows that they aren't perfect. They are more approachable and don't seem as stuffy. It opens up the lines of communication. Who knew.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Bud ad reeks of office humor, of the repressed nature of people who live their lives in cubicles, and have no real outlets besides golf.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i liked it before the advertisement for bud was there. cuz bud sucks. anyhoo. i love to swear no matter where i am. it's a gift.
i called our new asst. manager a sow bag (not too mean) and she about shit she was laughing so hard. good times. there are wonderful things about working at a gas station.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

to stu...


or swearing...

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home