Friday, December 02, 2005

Unknown Said...

Tech Support Blues (I knew it was too good to be true)

Kevin,

I recognize that you were trying, again, to help but, as has been the case since my first contact with your company, silliness seems to be the order of the day. You couldn't just send me a new one and have me send the old one back to you. You couldn't just refrain from editorializing on the situation. AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH. Again you have demonstrated that nobody there really bothers to read through the presented material. You would have noticed, if you had looked that I DID CALL IN WHEN IN FRONT OF MY COMPUTER AND MY EXPERIENCE BORDERED ON FARCICAL! I was even told, by the ridiculously inept phone rep I talked to, that I would recieve a call back within 24 hours from someone more knowledgeable. I NEVER GOT THAT CALL!!! This was AFTER Anna (email support) had offered to RAL the part and advised me to call in to get it done. I don't have a 2 weeks to wait while I mail you the defective pcmcia card and wait for the new one to arrive. I did a week ago but now I've been trapped in the belly of your tech support ouroboros for a week just trying to get some help. As I've already stated, if I return this to Sam's club it's because your tech support failed to do its job and if your tech support can't help me why would I exchange it for another USRobotics product? Why wouldn't I just buy something else? Something from a brand whose tech support I have no experience with so that I increase my chances of getting some help to 50/50 once again, should I ever require assistance? Could you have just given me the information without trying to make excuses ("it is easier to determine if a product is defective if a customer calls in while in front of their computer") about how it's not Tech Support's fault that it has taken so long? You attempt to make an excuse only makes the situation worse as it, without question, proves that you people don't make any effort to see where the problem really lies. You must not have read any of my included previous correspondence. If you aren't going to read what I have written and reply with direct and relevant answers then why bother me with your inane conversation at all? You might as well just add an automated message to your email and phone systems informing customers that representative are disinterested in really helping you and those requiring ACTUAL ASSISTANCE should purchase a competitor's product instead. Screw your whole tech support system and the horse it rode in on. Every time I see a ray of hope in an email from someone within your company somebody comes along later and takes a big steaming Hot Karl all over it. It's pathetic. I wouldn't expect me to exchange this defective card. The phone rep told me it wasn't defective. In fact he told me that if there were anything wrong with it its functionality would cease altogether rather than cause speed slowdowns. Since it has been proven through exhaustive troubleshooting, both with and without a phone rep guiding me, that the PCMCIA card is the problem AND the phone rep states there is nothing wrong with the card I can only assume that what he's trying to tell me is that the 5411 PCMCIA card is a piece of shit and works like crap by design. Given that reality I am much more likely to return this to Sam's Club, withough an exchange, and buy something that doesn't suck. Perhaps I will purchase something with better user reviews. I'm thinking Belkin. What do you think?

Have a nice day you assholes.
Fuck, I HATE you now! It could have been different but, DAMN IT,you just can't HELP YOURSELVES, can you???!!!!!!!!!



On 12/2/05, usr_amr_eng@aqinc.com wrote:
Kyle,Sorry it took so long for your problem to be resolved. There are procedures we need to follow before authorizing a return of equipment - it is easier to determine if a product is defective if a customer calls in while in front of their computer, rather than trying to deal with e-mail.I have issued you an RMA # (return material authorization). The RMA # is USR120502009.Once we receive your product back at our warehouse, we will ship you a replacement product back within 7-10 business days. If you need a replacement sooner, and have a receipt for a purchase within the last 30 days, then you could return it to Sam's Club ? for replacement. Please obtain a tracking number from your shipper in case you need to contact us again about your shipment.Thank you for your continued usage of U.S Robotics products.Please follow the instructions below when returning your product.Send your USR product for warranty replacement with an RMA to:USRoboticsc/o Innovate-It935 McLaughlin Dock 33San Jose, CA. 95122Make sure to write the RMA number in multiple places on the outside of the package and on a slip of paper or note inside the package. Any packages received without an RMA number will be returned to the sender. The product should be carefully packed without ANY power cords, CD-ROMs, manuals original box, etc. NONE of this sent in will be returned. We recommend you use a traceable method of shipping (USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation, UPS, FedEx).Your customer number is 300525061Please refer to case # 300841538 if you have any further questions.If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at www.usr.com/supportPlease include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.Best Regards,Kevin T at Technical SupportUSR Technical Support-----------------------




The Serial # is *********************************It is a USR 5411 It came with a USR 5461 which appears to be working perfectly.My address is as follows***************************************************************card and router are both registered products.I thank you for your injection of sanity. I have long been a fan of USRobotics products and the prospect of having to switch was unsavory to me.I'm quite confident the exchange of cards will resolve the issueperfectly.What instructions should I follow to complete the exchange?

-Kyle-

-On 12/1/05, usr_amr_eng@aqinc.com wrote:Kyle,Sorry for the run around,What I need from you to process the RMA is the Serial Number for the card,and an address that is not a PO Box for us to send you a replacement.After you send us that information we can go ahead and process your RMA aslong as the serial number is valid and within warranty.Again we apologize for the inconveience I hope this will solve yourproblem.Thank you for choosing U.S. Robotics!Your customer number is 300525061Please refer to case # 300841428 if you have any further questions.If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online atwww.usr.com/supportPlease include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.Best Regards,Jason C at Technical SupportUSR Technical Support

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting, but, uh, I don't think it qualifies as a haiku.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hiatus

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think posting really qualifies as a hiatus either. What I've been doing, that's a hiatus. ;P

I was giving you shit, dink. :)

12:41 PM  
Blogger EZMezzo said...

HEY MAW...LOOK AT ALL THE PURTY COLORS!!!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home