Monday, September 29, 2008

Unknown Said...

My reaction to existing in the Bible belt.

http://www.talkorigins.org/

Believe whatever you want but educate yourself and keep your crap out the schools. If you want your kid to learn voodoo and daedra blood worship that's fine with me but teach it at home and keep it out of institutions of learning where standards and scientific principles still mean something.

I keep getting surprised and blindsided by this stuff. It seems to happen most often in situations where it would be inappropriate for me to jump up and say "I can refute that statement and all the rhetoric that follows it with logic and the lightest dusting of critical thought."

I know there are some of you who don't agree with my views on this matter and that's cool. It's not my job or my place to say there's no God or that God didn't have a hand in how the world was formed. I'm fine with that. On the other hand, sometimes people just step right out on the end of the plank and dare you to dunk them and you can't and that is frustrating.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

3 Comments:

Blogger metallicorphan said...

well,i hate all religion...but i dont have a say on other people
but it does annoy me when some things come into play because of Religion


this week here in the UK there has been news about a Catholic School that have banned the Cervical cancer vaccination jab for the girls of that school

or Jehova's Witnesses who wont take a blood transplant in an accident..things like that piss me off,sure its their lives,but its also the case when the mother decides this for the children,if the child has had an accident

sorry..but i hate it all

11:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wtf do catholics have against the cervical cancer vaccine? on the other side... why does it piss you off if somebody won't take a blood transplant? does it piss you off if a muslim or jew won't eat spare ribs? people believe shit. i think they are free to believe it and it doesn't bother me until it becomes a challenge that I can't meet because of social convention OR if they try to preach to me.

5:35 PM  
Blogger metallicorphan said...

hmm,yeah it pisses me off big time about the blood transfusion thing..i see/read things like this,and it just makes me more angry against religion

i can see people like muslims not eating meat,thats fine,whatever,not really hurting anyone,may even be saving a cow or two,LOL(i would love to be a veggie if i didnt love meat so much)

but when it comes to 'you are going to die..if you dont have this blood transfusion,or your wife is going to die,or your son/daughter is going to die'and they deny them to help them..then that pisses me off.(especially if its someone speaking for someone else..if its for themselves i tend to just say 'fine go ahead and die')

why they dont just join a cult and have done with it,if their religion has rules like that

but then again,i suppose i am like this because i dont share their faith

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home