Monday, September 22, 2008

Unknown Said...

Gas Shortages Being Obfuscated?

Granted, I'm not exactly the most ravenous news consumer but between Digg, Delicious, Reddit, Google News, The BBC World Service, and NPR I feel like I pretty much get a whiff of everything that's going on. Still, I had no idea that only the state of Kentucky separated me (on Southern Ohio) from major gas shortages and an ever increasing riotous freakout. Nashville, Atlanta, and many other cities in the Southeast are experiencing a gasoline shortage that's quickly reaching serious and likely extremely problematic proportions. Has the press completely missed this or was I having a mini-stroke when it was being talked about? A casual mention from the Roaming Gnome is the only reason I'm even aware that this is happening. Is the press keeping quiet to prevent a national panic? Is that their job? Shouldn't there be a national panic? Wouldn't that inspire some change? Who would have the kind of influence it would take to keep it under wraps and also want to keep this quiet? Well... the Bush administration...

...

...

...

Am I crazy? Let me go get my tinfoil hat...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No lie, almost ran outta gas on the way home passing MANY gas stations. One gas station I passed that was "out" on the way to the site had 2 pumps open only on regular.

I started to get scared, now I'm only worried.

2:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So I'm at Speedway this morning and I'm talking with the guy about their power situation (only one of their feeds is on so they have power to the pumps and the register but not to the fridge and freezer) and I asked "Are you guys expecting any shortages like what's happening in Atlanta?" and the guy behind me barks "That's all bullshit. It's just left wing propaganda. There's no shortage. If there was it'd be all over the news." I had to decided whether or not to argue with him but in the end I decided not to. I was in a work van with work gear on so it didn't seem like the right time. As I was leaving he was saying to the cashier "Amazing what people will believe...." Now I hope there IS a shortage in Ohio just so that guy can take a big long suck on it.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Went by 12 gas stations today before I gave up - was trying to find gas for the wife's car. Ended up going way East of town and paying .30 more /gallon, which isn't bad if you consider the cheaper ones DIDN'T have gas. It's weird filling your car up in your own driveway with gas cans...

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is fucked up. i saw something yesterday on cnn i think. but they were all about how people are reacting is why the shortage is happening. they found that most of the people in line to get gas at one station were only there cuz they saw all the other people in line. they didn't have any other reason for getting it. and that is why that station ran out. however, holiday did run out just last week...
and wtf is up with the wall street economic hell freeze? should i be scared or what? cuz i'm kinda scared.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gnome and I were discussing exactly what you saw on CNN. I think that's part of the suspected media cover up. At some point they can't keep it quiet anymore so they attempt to portray it as mob psychology. The people are waiting in line because they recognize that if they don't get gas now they may not be able to get it later. There is a shortage no matter how much they try to show the people as being "crazy."

2:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

P.S., It's still happening in Atlanta. I don't know about Nashville, yet.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now get this - my brother is in Lafayette, LA doing training and there is no shortage there. Gas is 3.40 something. Didn't they get hit by a hurricane or something that caused this whole shortage?

3:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

see, what i first heard was that the problem was in the pipeline. it was only after it continued did anyone say it was with the refineries. who knows who to believe. there still isn't a lot of national sauce on this. Maybe somebody should post about it on 4chan and ask for sauce.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home