Sunday, March 02, 2008

Unknown Said...

Cluckmaster Flex: 540 Minutes of Cluck, Vol III, The Final Chapter

Here is today's 3rd intallment. Much like Funkmaster Flex I'll be back with a chapter IV at some point despite the name "The Final Chapter." These are the chickens in their post cooking rest period. I got sick of waiting and put them directly above the coals on the upper rack at the end because the temp had stalled at 145 and I didn't want to eat supper at 8p.m. I know the temp said 153 in an earlier video but after that video I had moved the thermometer inside the evacuated cavity of the chicken and approached the meat from the inside. I'd rather my chicken be slightly dry than underdone. Salmoenella is a sloppy sloppy bitch and I don't want to make friends with it. I don't think this chicken will be too dry, however, since they were dripping chickeny goodness on the coals till the very end and are releasing some liquid even now. I let the final temp hit 169 before I pulled them. Carry over will probably bring them to 174. That's past the recommended temp of 165 but Since I had the thermometer in the breast meat from the inside I figured I'd let it go a little higher to be sure that places where the bones are buried deep in the meat (leg and thigh joint) would get to temp. They smell ridiculous. Now I have to decide if the big one or small one is going in the freezer. My stomach says eat the big one but the memory of my severe battle with "pork sleepagens" and "acute naptosis" after the chops earlier makes me wonder if the smaller one might be the better choice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had to go for the shot up the pooper didnt ya.....

6:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

of course! now..if you'll excuse me. it's nap time again. i've got the itis.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home