Wednesday, July 20, 2005

EZMezzo Said...

Who's Dumber-er?


Hollywood really projects glorified views of reality. In the movies heroes are supermen that cannot be reckoned with, and villians are clever and always seems to get away...at least until the end of the movie. I read an article today which makes me believe that real life criminals don't even remotely resemble the Hollywood villian.

A guy walked into a popular fast food restaurant and told the manager behind the counter that he was robbing the place. The manager goes to tell the crook that the cash drawer can't be opened without making a sale. The crook thinks about it for a minute and orders an egg and sausage biscuit sandwich. The manager replies "Sorry, we are no longer selling breakfast today." Flustered, the crook walks out the door.

Apparently this guy was delt a short hand when they were handing out brains. I've seen plants that have a higher IQ than this person. Although who knows...on the other hand the manager was either extremely brave, or just as dumb or dumber than the crook, risking life and limb in total disregard of the manual override on the register itself.

So here's the question. Who's Dumberer in this story?

1. The Crook (Shouldn't take no for an answer)

2. The Manager (How did you make it off the fry cooker without learning to operate the register)

3. Tom Cruise (It's Scientology Ba-By YEAH!)

4. Katie Holmes (I'm just a no talent actress, with no career and no convictions of my own. When Tom tells me to believe I ask "How Far?")

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

4!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Something dirty said...

I'm going to go with 1.
Because I sincerely believe either this story is apocryphal or the manager knew what he was doing. And there's a rumor floating around that poor wittle Katie's getting $5 million for her zombie bride routine. Maybe I'm a rube for buying into it, but it helps me sleep at night, who am I kidding? I obsess about much crazier shit than that when I can't sleep.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the manager couldn't possibly have known that... he ran the risk of being shot... he was actually dumb enough to tell the guy he had to order something... even if there wasn't a manual override he could have just keyed in and order without actually having the criminal place an order... he could just hit the #2 meal button and cash out... he was actually dumb enough to ask the guy to order... no manager with a brain would do that...

9:52 PM  
Blogger metallicorphan said...

the manager sounds like the perfect guy for the food chain...all that was going on,and he still tried to make a sale....good on him,lol

9:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL... bury my face in my hands and weep for humanity...

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#4 no question Katie--all the way--she is a little tooo desperate has to be self esteem issues.

10:51 AM  
Blogger EZMezzo said...

OK, time for my take. I think it's number 4 without a doubt. I would say that she's been brainwashed by the scientologists...but I think a prerequisite is that you have to have a brain to begin with!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you leave my sweet Katie out of this! She's been brainwashed by Scientology boy and she deserves our pity, not our scorn. All she needs is a good de-programmer and she'll be good as new. Mmmmmmm, Katie....aaagggllll.

P.S. My official vote is for 3. Screw Tom Cruise!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah but "good as new" still means that she would be a hack actress whose looks aren't aging well

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home