Friday, December 23, 2005

Unknown Said...

Corporations have a vested interest in lowering the level of customer intelligence.....

Does Coca-Cola know that penguins live in the Antarctic and polar bears live in the Arctic? In nature no polar bear has ever seen a peguin or vice-versa. Polar bears and penguins have no knowledge of one another unless they have been to a zoo (I am so damned frustrated that I cannot find a screenshot of the commercial I saw before Harry Potter 4 that I could spit). Last year Coca-Cola managed to present it's product as a magical elixer that could wake a polar bear from hibernation in the dead of winter and curb it's hunger enough that it would see a seal as, not a food object, but a playmate. Apparently it also calms fear and anxiety enough to allow a seal to approach, play with, and befriend its mortal natural enemy, the polar bear. That could be scientifically achievable with the right drugs, I guess. Maybe Coke can do this but I doubt it. I think a cold can of Coke gave me a hard-on once but that was the most magic I ever witnessed in a softdrink. This year, howver, Coke has taken the leap into the realm of theoretical physics. This year Coke's commercial portrays the softdrink as the creator of a wormhole or dimensional portal whereby light and matter can be transported 12,500 miles from one of Earth's poles to the other. As the polar bear cub enjoys his coke the wormhole opens and as he looks out at the landscape he sees, not the arctic, but light and energy transmitted through the portal showing him what is, in fact, happening on the opposite end of the earth as a group of penguins has a big ol' hootenanny. As his amazement increases he slips and slides down the hill and as he passes through the wormhole his matter is instantly transported to the Antarctic where he ashamedly interrupts the penguin party. At this point the polar bear and penguins can look back through the portal and see the rest of the polar bear family, still in the Arctic. They follow the small bear through the portal and a mutual agreement of non-violence is quickly reached as having know foreknowledge of one another penguins have no reason to know fear of bears and the bears have no reason to view the penguins as lunch. A good time is had by all, until the party is over and a family of polar bears DIES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ANTARCTIC because they ran out of Coke, can no longer open the portal, realized there was no icepack on which to hunt, can't find any seals, and slowly starved. I took high school physics. I read Hawking's Univers in a Nutshell. I'm aware of string theorty. I've watched Futurama. THIS ISN'T POSSIBLE! COKE LIES TO YOU!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Something dirty said...

I like Coke's style! This commercial fits perfectly with my dystopian worldview today. The world is even colder than you knew, polar bear. Suck on it.


quibble: the earth is 26,0000 miles (approx) around the equator, right? Not from north to south pole or whatever you originally said? I should not be an ass about it. So I won't. Just wanted to beat everyone else to the punch.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Something dirty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cherry RC is the best cherry cola but regular RC cola isn't really that tasty, man.

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The biggest crime I saw before Harry Potter, was some a trailer for some new lame ass movie about penquins where they seemingly dance and make wacky jokes for 2 hours (digitally animated, of course), and at the end of the trailer, I told my friend, "gee, I didn't quite get any idea as to plotline or anything about that movie." He simply and honestly replied, "They're cute."

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The biggest crime I saw before Harry Potter, was some a trailer for some new lame ass movie about penquins where they seemingly dance and make wacky jokes for 2 hours (digitally animated, of course), and at the end of the trailer, I told my friend, "gee, I didn't quite get any idea as to plotline or anything about that movie." He simply and honestly replied, "They're cute."

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home