Monday, June 27, 2005

Unknown Said...

A Recipe. Gotta Post Something

1. Melt / dissolve 1/2 cup of sugar in 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar over medium heat.
2. Add 1 tabelspoon boysenberry syrup (vary syrup according to the fuit you are going to use).
3. Heat on medium until bubbling activity commences.
4. Add 2 - 3 cups of sliced fruit (The original recipe was developed using strawberries).
5. Stir and wait for the mixture to cool slightly.
6. Add 1 teaspoon ground cardamom.
7. Simmer over low - medium low heat until reduces to an "elmer's glue with chunkies" consistency.
8. Remove from heat. Allow to cool. Serve with ice cream, toast, vodka. Whatever charges you.

Store in sealed container in the fridge.
I would imagine that if you were to follow proper canning procedure it could be put into mason jars and kept on a shelf indefinately.

This recipe is an invention of mine. Is it a compote? A jam? Anyone?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have repeated the recipe with nectarines and kiwi. That was good. I intend to try it with apples but for that I will use nutmeg and maple syrup instead of cardmom and boysenberry. I had also considered doing the same thing with carrots but with the addition of some hot peppers. For the carrots I thought I might use a small amount of arange juice in place of the syrup. I figured the carrots would be good on top of a roulade possibly stuffed with mashed garlic, lime, and plantains. I should start developing recipes and entering contests.

1:23 PM  
Blogger EZMezzo said...

BAM...a shot with the spice weasel should do it...

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrots? Never. Plantains? Always.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home